How long do snowboard bindings last? This is a question that does not have a definite answer. Like with all sports equipment, the quality of the bindings, how you use them, and how you take care of them determine how long they can sustain you regarding service.
Snowboard bindings are what link you to the snowboard, and it is what keeps you safe every time you go out riding. It is for all intents and purposes, it is important that you ensure you have the correct type of bindings for your boots.
You need to be sure of all specifications, from the kind of straps that will suit your style, the quality of the material for the highback and baseplate, cushioning, and the amount of flex.
However, in as much you can be able to get all the right things that a snowboard binding should have, there comes a time when you start wondering, “should I or should not replace this set of bindings?”
Of all snowboarding equipment, bindings are what last more than the others. Often, you can use a single pair of bindings for a very long time, up to 5 years, without replacing them.
If you are not the type of person that is keen on aesthetic details, then you can have a set of bindings for many seasons. If things like paint wearing out, material starts chipping, or the bindings start having an unappealing look don’t matter to you, then a single pair of bindings can last for a long time, many years to be precise.
Many times, people fail to realize that clothes, shoes, and other items quickly wear out due to poor maintenance. Snowboard bindings are not an exception here; if you fail to take good care of them, then they will become useless after a short period of using them.
How do you maintain snowboard bindings?
- First, snowboarding takes place when there is snow, and snow melts to water. In this regard, when you go riding, it is inevitable that your bindings and most of your gear will get wet. So, it is advisable to take a towel with you every time so that once you are done riding, you wipe down the moisture to keep the bindings dry; this will help lengthen the life span of the bindings
- Secondly, always check your bindings every time you use them for any wear, loosened screws, or straps. If you find any damaged parts, then it’s easy to replace them since most brands of bindings also supply replacement parts; you can buy these parts separately and replace them. This will ensure that your bindings stay in good shape for as long as you can use them
- Additionally, if the screws are loose, then fastening them in time will prevent further damage and wear of the bindings
- Storage is also one thing that will affect how long your bindings last. Snowboard bindings should be stored in a dry place. When they are exposed to continuous moisture, then they quickly will wear out
That is enough for maintaining them to last long. How about when you should completely replace them? Many circumstances can force you to replace the bindings completely, but the one time when you should get new bindings is when the baseplates get broken, as this is irreparable.
Other instances could be:
- When you just feel like you need new bindings and the cost is not much of a problem
- When your current bindings no longer fit your riding style
- When the bindings you have do not match the current type of boots you have
- When you want an upgrade in features and technology
How long do snowboard bindings last? From the article, snowboard bindings should last for as long as you feel they are still useful.
For this to happen, you will have to spend more for high-quality bindings that withstand severe and intense riding. You will also need to use them well and properly maintain them.
However, you should also keep in mind that there is no restriction to when you can replace your current bindings or rather get new ones. For however long you want yours to last, take good care of them, and get new ones when there is a need.